Saturday, September 12, 2009

Featured Artist - Venetia Jewelry

Who are you? My name is Venetia Boucher, I’m 26 years old – from London and moved to NYC 3 years ago. I now live in Jersey City with my boyfriend and pet turtle Henry : ) I work in finance (yuck) and use my spare time to be creative. Some of my favorite things are cooking, photography, crafting and my passion for fashion. Making stuff makes me happy!

What is your Etsy Shop Name/link? http://www.VenetiaJewelry.etsy.com

What tag categories do you specialize in? Jewelry, Accessories, Women

Do you create for children or adults, women or men? I create for women



What do you like about Etsy? I love that even though you are not trading face to face there is a very personal level – you get to know your customers and other sellers and build relationships. I have bought and sold on Etsy and very much appreciate the personal service and attention to detail plus I love friendliness and the willingness to help each other out that you don’t find elsewhere.



Where do you find inspiration for your products? In everything!! Colors, Architechture, Fashion trends... really everything I see around me. I'm very observant. I try to look at everything with a creative eye and I daydream a lot and that helps me come up with ideas. Also playing around with fabric and beads and trying coming up with a design that I think looks great!

What do you love about your business? I love the freedom to create what I want and I love being in charge of that area of my life and I love getting to do something that I enjoy so much. And it feels awesome when someone tells me they love my creations.

What is your favorite product right now? Hmmm its between the wrap bracelets and headbands they are both so easy to wear, comfortable and go with almost everything in my closet. Plus I can choose a different color every day depending on what I’m wearing!


What makes you unique at Etsy? I think it’s now quite hard to be unique at Etsy especially when you are specializing in Jewelry but I try to come up with unique and different ideas or if it has been done before I try to add my own spin on it or make it better.

What are some other sites to find out more about you and what you love to create?
Blog: http://venetiajewelry.blogspot.com/
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/venetialouise/
Facebook: Venetia Boucher
Twitter: VenetiaJewelry
Myspace: myspace.com/venetialouise


No comments: