Monday, September 21, 2009

Featured Artist - Kichshaw Curio

Who are you? Heather Jean Skalwold

What is your Etsy Shop Name/link? Kichshaw Curio - http://kickshawcurio.etsy.com

What tag categories do you specialize in? necklace, jewelry, bone, macabre, gothic, Victorian, mourning



Do you create for children or adults, women or men? Adult women and occasionally a masculine piece will emerge.

What do you like about Etsy? They give you a simple, inexpensive outlet to showcase and sell your wares, and it’s really becoming a household name. It really is a boom to the cottage industry.

Where do you find inspiration for your products? Antique Victorian mourning jewelry is a huge source of inspiration.



What do you love about your business? I love that I can create what I want. I enjoy the process of sitting down to work, with inspirational pictures around me, and seeing what I can create myself, in my own unique way.

What is your favorite product right now? My Little Bones Pendant Choker. It’s simple and elegant, macabre without being gruesome.



What makes you unique at Etsy? I think where I draw my inspiration makes me unique, such as mourning jewelry, but there are also other historical influences, as well as ethnic influences in my work.

What other street teams are you a member of? Etsy's Dark Side

What are some other sites to find out more about you and what you love to create? http://www.heatherjean.net - This is the site for my fine artwork. I work mainly in mixed media collage, but I also paint and draw.


No comments: