Tuesday, September 18, 2007

EtsyNJ Featured Artist of the Week - Jewelry for Fun

Who are you? Jane MacArthur

What is your Etsy Shop Name/link? http://jewelryforfun.etsy.com

What tag categories do you specialize in? jewelry, beads, glass, stone

Do you create for children or adults, women or men? women

What do you like about Etsy? Camaraderie with other crafters. Everyone is very supportive and helpful on everything from how to set up your site, critiques, where to find other products and just generally friendly.

Where do you find inspiration for your products? I find nature inspiring, but have always been crafty and usually just create things off the top of my head. This goes for anything from decorating my house with and eclectic mix of unusual objects that I find at flea markets to mixing beads together and thinking “hey, that looks like ____!” I like to buy mixed beads in bulk from e-bay or other places, sort through them and see what bubbles up.

What do you love about your business? It keeps me busy, but with a goal. I tend to go overboard when crafting and make way more of whatever I am working on than I will ever need. I am excited to have an outlet where I can sell my creations.

What is your favorite product right now? I love making earrings and have just expanded into making some bracelets as well. I have a “Hippie Chick Bracelet” and “Hippie Chick Earrings” that I love.




What makes you unique at Etsy? I create my jewelry based on things that I would like to wear, which I find difficult to find in retail stores. I try to make each set of earrings or bracelet different from the next. Since I purchase mixed beads in bulk, it would be difficult to replicate most of my designs, because I only have a few of each type of bead.


What other street teams are you a member of? NJ, that’s it so far.


What are some other sites to find out more about you and what you love to create? www.myspace.com/jewelryforfun shows off some additional photos of gifts I have made for others, tells a bit about my background, and shows off pics of my hubby and four legged friends.

I browsed Jane's shop while preparing this blog, and my favorite item is this:




Blog written by: Made by Melissa

5 comments:

Ginny said...

You do make fun jewelry!!!! Great to get to know you!!!!

Ginny

Anonymous said...

Those butterscotch drop earrings are cute! Great post!

Anonymous said...

Cute work! I love the colors! :)
Danielle (Creations By Danielle)

Unknown said...

aaaaahhhhh! i'm so excited =0 that's me!!!

Anonymous said...

like, i am such a dork Jane, am I the last to give you congrats? welp, congrats!