Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Featured Artist - The Tote Trove

Who are you? Tracy Esposito

What is your Etsy Shop Name/link? The Tote Trove - www.thetotetrove.etsy.com

What tag categories do you specialize in? Bags and Purses, Jewelry, Geekery

Do you create for children or adults, women or men? I started creating for women but have found that my market may actually be little girls. That’s fine with me and sort of makes sense because I dress like a walking crayon box!


What do you like about Etsy? Nothing is too out-there to post on this site. There are so many talented artists here and I love stumbling upon their beautiful and sometimes wonderfully wacky products.

Where do you find inspiration for your products? I’ve always been fascinated by the fanciful, the colorful, the quirky, and the over-the-top. I’m bombarded by new ideas constantly and wish I could create as fast as I can sketch!


What do you love about your business? The concept of Etsy is simply amazing to me. I get to do what I love, and I’m constantly being challenged. Keeping up with creating, posting, marketing, events, and communicating with customers ensures that I never get bored. Plus, all of my customers are very nice!

What is your favorite product right now? That’s a tough one, because I love all of my products! But if I must choose, then I’ll go with my Rainbow Leopard Tote, from my Fierce Flowers Tote line. The combination of roses, rainbow stripes, and leopard is just fun.


What makes you unique at Etsy? Everyone on Etsy is unique, so that’s hard to answer. I started by painting my totes, specializing in detailed designs and embellishments. Then I began to be interested in decorating smaller purse accessories and making jewelry, both off-beat and more classic. Widening my focus helped me to create a more diverse offering of products and expand my price range. I plan to continue pushing my boundaries.

How can we learn more about you and your shop? You can visit me on both Twitter and Facebook.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheToteTrove
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Tote-Trove/96370391367

No comments: