Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Featured Artist - Andrea Maiolano

Who are you? Andrea Maiolano, designer behind amarie by andrea maiolano

What is your Etsy Shop Name/link? http://loveamarie.etsy.com

What tag categories do you specialize in? Bags and Purses


Do you create for children or adults, women or men? Mostly women and also a few can be used by children

What do you like about Etsy? I love buying handmade items. Everything is so unique and it's great to see the talented artists from all over the world showcase their special craft. It's awesome to purchase things that are so uniquely different than what you see in regular stores.

Where do you find inspiration for your products? My inspiration really comes from my love for color and graphic prints. Being a graphic designer helped me in choosing prints and color combinations. I only choose fabrics that really stand out to me and that I really believe are beautiful and eye catching.

What do you love about your business? I love making my own schedule and working at home in my little "studio." I also love the satisfaction I get out of being creative in my own way and seeing my design ideas come to life. Something else that I love is getting out and meeting all different customers at parties and craft shows.

What is your favorite product right now? My favorite is the *angie* tote. It's so fun and roomy enough for your everyday needs and then some.


What makes you unique at Etsy? What makes me unique at etsy is my choice in fabrics and color combinations. Also small little details such as bows, braided handles, or beaded zipper pulls.

What other street teams are you a member of? none... just NJ all the way!

What are some other sites to find out more about you and what you love to create?
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/amarie-by-andrea-maiolano-handmade-handbags-accessories/7416517810?ref=ts

Andrea has some really pretty bags in her shop. Right now I am really loving her wristlets and small clutches:

You can even design your own wristlet, small clutch and key fob!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amarie is the sweetest thing out there! Get on her site and treat yourself to a lil somethin' somethin'. Not only are the bags gorgeous, but they are extremely well-made (TLC, baby!) and incredibly unique! I have a tote for various functions... One for my school work as I am a teacher, another for my music items as I sing in a band, another for shopping supplies such as coupons and such... Now I'm in the process of creating other hobbies so I can get another bag! But seriously, before I go, Amarie is where it's at, and I hope your success and happiness in this business keeps on flourishing just as you deserve!